Effective workouts are well-planned, targeted, and efficient. But unless you happen to be a certified personal trainer, creating routines and tracking your progress is no easy feat. Luckily, with a little help from technology, you can train like a pro (minus the hefty price tag). Here are seven of the best free workout apps for tracking and planning.
Running, jogging, biking – it doesn’t matter how you train, keeping track of your workouts is essential. Runtastic allows you to set goals, uses a built-in GPS to record routes in real-time, and even lets you share your successes with your friends.
PERKS OF RUNTASTIC
- By tracking your mileage, Runtastic guages what wear and tear your trainersare enduring
- The app syncs with Apple Music to offer high tempo playlists for true musical motivation
See our range of Running Clothes for Women | Running Clothes for Men
2. ASANA REBEL: YOGA AND FITNESS
You don’t have to be a full-blown ‘yogi’ to use Asana Rebel. This handy little fitness app offers the perfect introduction to the regime. Rather than bombarding you with annoying notifications, you get a green dot on the built-in calendar when you train. You also get two new workouts every day so you’ll never get stuck doing the same old routine.
PERKS OF ASANA REBEL
- When you first login to the app – using Facebook or an email – you’ll see a screen that asks you to ‘unlock’ the premium version. Don’t be fooled. You can still use the free option by simply clicking the exit button at the top of the screen.
See our full range of Yoga Clothing for Women | Men’s Yoga Clothes
3. MYTRAINING WORKOUT TRACKER LOG
MyTraining packs a selection of helpful training videos, a routine log, and a handy calendar feature, but that’s not all. Technology may have come a long way, but you just can’t beat support from world class coaches. That’s exactly what this tracking app offers.
PERKS OF MYTRAINING
- Got a burning question about your workout? Simply open the chat feature and speak to a certified coach in minutes.
Check out our Train Collection > Women’s Gym Clothes | Men’s Gym Clothes
4. MY VIRTUAL MISSION
Are you in need of some workout motivation? If your current exercise is less-than-inspiring, My Virtual Mission may be the app for you. Use it to create the virtual fitness route of your dreams – literally. If you can imagine a route, the app can create it.
PERKS OF MY VIRTUAL MISSION
- If you have a desired route in mind, the app will tell you how many miles that is and set a goal for you.
- When you’ve completed the route, you can even send a virtual postcard to your contacts to show off.
5. COUCH TO 5K RUNNER
The hardest part of any run is taking that first step. Couch to 5K offers running novices all the advice, support, and help they could possibly need. The NHS program claims to get people off the couch and running in just nine weeks.
PERKS OF COUCH TO 5K RUNNER
- Great for easing you into your new regime, so you can realistically work your way from a 15-minute route to a 5K run
- Each workout is guided by a voice over from the likes of Olympian Michael Johnson to BBC presenter Jo Whiley
6. DAILY WORKOUTS FITNESS TRAINER
Ideally, staying fit and healthy means hitting the gym or track regularly. However, sometimes, you may not have the chance to get out nor the time to dedicate to it. The Daily Workouts Fitness Trainer app means you can exercise well in the comfort of your own home.
PERKS OF DAILY WORKOUTS FITNESS TRAINER
- You can choose which area of your physique you’d like to target and the app offers a simple yet effective five to 30-minute workout that fits the bill
- The uniquely genius thing about this app is it’s simplicity. Download it, pick a discipline, and get working
7. FITBOD WEIGHT LIFTING TRAINER
If the CrossFit phenomenon has inspired you, you’re not alone. More men and women are lifting weights than ever. When giving this regime a shot, Fitbod Weight Lifting Trainer is the ideal app. The step-by-step nature of the program makes planning an effective strength training workout effortless.
PERKS OF FITBOD
- The more you use the app, the more it understands your abilities and the challenges you face
- You can tailor your workouts to suit your training style and the available equipment too
- Join over a million active users and start lifting today.
While fitness apps won’t solve all your training problems, they could help you get more out of your day-to-day sessions. Now that you’re armed with some of the best, it’s time to get started.